ONELIFE IS HIRING!
POSITION ANNOUNCEMENT - Executive Director
The OneLife Institute board is excited to engage a visionary, strategic, and highly collaborative Executive Director. As the first full-time ED in the organization’s 14-year history, they will build upon OneLife’s strong long-term relationships with a wide range of partners and funders, while also working to deepen our internal and external capacity to deliver healing and transformative programming. The ideal candidate will bring their experience as a spiritual practitioner, a seasoned activist, fundraiser, strategist, and alliance-builder to this role.
> WHO WE ARE:
OneLife Institute is a people of color centered nonprofit organization serving at the intersection of spirituality and social action.
Our mission is to nurture, inspire, and sustain people committed to healing and justice. Through workshops, retreats, events, resources, counseling, and consultation we provide a place where healers can heal and leaders can lean. Where those on the front lines of social change and community service can be supported and renewed. At least 75% of our participants are people of color, many are LGBTQ+, and most are low-income individuals.
Since 2004, our work has centered three primary goals: (1) Increasing the well being of individuals and communities living under the stress of poverty, violence, oppression and uncertain times; (2) Enhancing the sustainability and integrity of movements for social transformation and community uplift; (3) Fostering an ever-growing Beloved Community.
Please explore our website to learn more: onelifeinstitute.org
> WHAT YOU'LL DO:
• Lead the fund development work of OneLife Institute to ensure the longevity and growth of the organization.
• Provide institutional leadership to ensure ongoing alignment with OneLife’s values and vision. Guide strategy and program development. Cultivate strong, reflective, collaborative relationships with board members, participants, community and funding partners.
• As a visible external leader, you will build OneLife’s profile by representing the organization at conferences and convenings, and design compelling materials, reports, and presentations.
• Support the board’s active and appropriate participation in guiding Onelife’s strategic direction.
• Ensure solid operational, administrative, and financial management of OneLife Institute.
> WHO YOU ARE:
• Spiritually Engaged: An established personal commitment to spiritual practice; experience with transformative approaches within progressive movements, and a strongly-held conviction about their value and impact.
• Rooted in Justice: Deep passion for social and economic justice—demonstrated through work, activism, and/or personal experience; attunement to racial and economic power and privilege, and sensitivity regarding how these show up in relationships.
• Experienced: At least three years of senior-level leadership experience in a social change or service organization, or a foundation; a track record of successful funds development, including grant writing and donor cultivation; effective program development and delivery; operational oversight including budgeting and fiscal management.
• Leader: Inclusive leadership style with exceptional personal awareness, strong interpersonal relationship skills, and the ability to collaborate, inspire, and lead others. Ready to build on our solid foundation and lead OneLife forward.
• Practical Visionary: A creative and strategic thinker, innovator, and problem solver; able to hold both big picture and practical details; outstanding analytical skills; able to make decisions using sound process; a strong, clear, compelling writer and communicator.
• Heart Centered: Emotional intelligence and capacity to deeply connect; a heart for the people; ease and fluidity working within multiracial, multifaith, multigenerational, and LGBTQ+ communities; grounded and flexible with a high degree of integrity, transparency, and humility; able to maintain an atmosphere of kindness, trust, and respect internally (within the organization) and externally (with OneLife partners and the larger community).
$60,000 - $75,000, plus healthcare benefits. This is a full-time position based in Oakland CA.
> WHAT NEXT?
Send your resume or C.V. and a detailed cover letter sharing how your experience, skills, commitment, and vision make you the right candidate to lead OneLife Institute.
Email to: firstname.lastname@example.org
We will receive applications on an ongoing basis until the position is filled.
To download a PDF of this announcement click HERE.